Friday, July 22, 2011

Saying NO again

I’ve decided that it is time I became politically active. The current impasse in D.C. has created ample opportunities for change. First action: to the anti-family values, pro business, extremist Republicans and the ineffective, pro-business, frozen-in-the--headlights Democrats I’m saying: NO to your lack of leadership and insensitivity to the needs of the people; NO to your inability to compromise in the long-term interests of the country; NO to your personal agenda fueled and driven by corporate interests; NO to holding our children’s futures hostage with your self-aggrandizing posturing; and NO to your mean-spirited, nasty, mealy-mouthed rhetoric. Frankly if a child were exposed to this kind of environment in school it would be reported that he/she were being bullied. Second action: I am taking the opportunity to say to all sitting politicians: I will vote NO to your continued service by voting or writing-in someone else. And to those aspiring to gain political office, be advised: walk the talk or you also will lose my vote. Third action: although I’m only one voice, one vote, I do have a couple of friends and they also have a couple of friends and none of us are very happy with you.

No comments: