Sunday, August 1, 2010

The day before leaving

I rode my bicycle if for no other reason than I was getting stressed about what to bring. Also, I'm still undecided about a route over the Cascade Range which will determine where I will be leaving my bike and trailer.
The trailer will be empty except for a few items that if they survive storage for a few days I won't have to haul up on the airplane.
I've been looking on bus web sites to find maps and schedules so I can plan where my segment stops will be, where I can find someone to store my equipment. I'll find the airport closest to the end of a segment so I can bus there to fly back to SLC. Bus company web sites suck!! Their idea of a map looks like something I would do with a really large scaled map and a huge crayon.
So, the bike ride helped today. I'm back at it: packing, deciding what I need to have and what I want to have.

2 comments:

RFH Bill said...

I think you can make it across the entire country if you've a mind to do it. How much time do you have? I'm jealous of your adventure.

Lynette said...

Good luck AJ! What a fantastic goal you're setting for yourself. You'll do great. I hope Shen takes lots of pictures. L.