Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sasquatch

On Highway 2 over the Cascades I think I saw a Sasquatch sitting besides the road. I wasn't on my bicycle but rather in the car so I couldn't stop to confirm my sighting. He/she was sitting beside the road in front of a gas station in Skykomish. I tend to think that the creature was a male because he (?) didn't have a shirt on. The creature was very hairy. It had long hair with a bunch of hair tied up on top of its skull that kind of drooped over the rest of its head like a small umbrella and it had a very full beard. In the flash-glimpse I has of it I could tell that the only visible feature on its face were two very dark eyes that followed the trajectory of the car. It sat in a yoga posture, with both bare feet resting on its knees. He was wearing what looked like dirty chinos. I think it was eating a hot dog and for sure was drinking a Coke as there was a super-huge plastic Coke cup next to it.I'm also sure that it was a Sasquatch because Washington State ranks number one in sightings followed by California. I would have to question California as second as they have very liberal "medical marijuana" laws and because (or consequently) there are a lot of sick people there with prescriptions. Utah ranks quite low probably because we only have a couple of NPR stations.

I watched a TV program on History or Discovery, maybe Animal Planet, about groups that do "research" on these creatures. They call themselves "Crypto-zoologists."

From Wikipedia (Stupor-pedia?): 
Cryptozoology (from Greek κρυπτός, kryptos, "hidden" + zoology; literally, "study of hidden animals") refers to the search for animals which are considered to be legendary or otherwise nonexistent by mainstream biology. This includes looking for living examples of animals which are extinct, such as dinosaurs; animals whose existence lacks physical support. . . .I interrupt to say that on the web site : http://www.bfro.net/  (Big Foot  Research) there seem to be numerous sightings and other "proofs" that provide physical support for the existence of Sasquatch and of Big Foot (I think these are different species, but more on this later) at least in this Hemisphere.
Back to stupor-pedia:
According to authors Ben Roesch and John Percy Moore, "Cryptozoology ranges from pseudoscientific to useful and interesting, depending on how it is practiced." They further note that it is "not strictly a science", that "many scientists and skeptics classify cryptozoology as a pseudoscience" and that "papers on the topic are rarely published in scientific journals. . . . . no formal education on the subject is available. . . .

Photo:
Photo and location of the photo with tanks to BFRO
________________

So, I have decided to be the worlds first crypt-ecologist because I think science makes a serious mistake by studying specific species and their habitat and forgets to study that species interaction with other species and their habitats. I believe that Bigfoot and Sasquatch are different species but that they might have over-lapping ranges. Sasquatch photos and the creature I saw in Skykomish lead me to believe that they (Sasquatches) have significantly more hair and are lighter in color. More like Chewbaca (spelloing?) from Star Wars if you will. (By the way I might not spell check anymore because it seems that crypto-zoologists have set a trend by not spell-checking or even proof reading their papers and findings. open research link above and peer review this comment) I will also change the way I report out. For example when I reported scientific findings before I would say: "those data seem to suggest . . ." Now I'm (foloowing the lead of noted crypto-zoologists on tv) I wil say: "My research offers deffinitive proof that. . . ."
More later. I have to check my field notes and go back on the link above to peer-review other research.

In closing, however, I would add that now that I'm the worlds first crypto-ecologist I will be waiting for an interview from NPR's Science Friday or from X96 Radio From Hell's  Ask a. . . .(insert profession here) feature.You have my number!

No comments: