Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day seven

Today I finish the Peninsula portion: Discovery Bay- Port Townsend and then the Whidby Island part. I will post about that this evening.
Then I will leave my bicycle and trailer at,hopefully, a safe place, maybe the next sleazy motel, and drive back to SLC. I couldn't have done this without the support of my SAG wagon driver (Queeny) who left the dog and children (albeit adult) to look after each other, put up with aforementioned sleazy motels, over 1600 miles of my political and world-view ranting, laughed at my stupid jokes, worried about me riding on the high Pucker Factor Index roads, picked raspberries with me, and withstood fog and cold winds to see the things I love the most: the outdoors, and best of all didn't gripe, whine, or complain about any of this. I can never repay her except to say that we shared a very special place, made special memories, and given my poor coordinates for being picked up, she didn't run over me standing in a blackberry thicket next to a road.

I will be in SLC for a few days and will fly back a week from today to Seattle to do the Cascades and possibly eastern Washington. During the week I will post more photos and a ride schedule.

No comments: