Saturday, August 7, 2010

More random photos and rainy-day thoughts

"First: in today's news--rain fell on the Peninsula. Then it rained a bit more which was followed up by a heavy mist that kinda felt like rain. Now back to our reporter on the street. A.J. Are you there?"

"Yes I am. I just talked to the man who said he owned the building where Linda's Wood-Fired Kitchen is located, in Neah Bay, who said: "This isn't rain it's just a heavy mist. You should be here when it rains!" He must have known what he was talking about as he kept a pipe fully fired up--in the heavy mist which to me was a light but persistent rain--all the time he was talking."
Bottom line: didn't get to hike as planned.


So more random photos

This is a photo shot from the yard of the Bullman Beach Inn.
 I think it is Neah Bay from the east side.
Last evening I saw two mature Bald Eagles fishing in the surf between the Inn and that rock. It was incredible especially to see one catch a fairly large fish (made me jealous)and then retreat to a tree a hundred meters or so from the Inn to eat its catch!! I think I managed to catch this on video and when I figure out how to put it on the blog I will do so. At the Makah Cultural and Research Center, today, I saw a couple of books on Sasquatch. One was written by a researcher from British Colombia and the other by a renown author who knows of secret UFO landings that she asserts the government has been covering up. Had either book cost less than $10 I might have bought one or both but one was at least $20 and the other almost $40!!! I might go on line and see if either book is offered at a reduced rate.

If I had known you could adopt mice out I wouldn't have. . . .
Well, let's just say I would have treated them nicer!



1 comment:

Mark Bailey said...

AJ- You'll be gratified to know, given your mist, that the drought on the CP is taking a month long pounding -MEB